- Partnering with Hunger Free Colorado and the Free/Reduced School Lunch Program , CCN coordinates sites throughout Aurora and east Denver to offer food, activities, and education during the summer months every day of the week.
- Volunteers and staff knock doors and the kids run out to get some tasty food, play games, and receive much needed attention.
- In 2013, CCN and it’s partners served over 17,000 meals.
- Around 85% of the kids enrolled in the elementary schools surrounding CCN are on the Free/Reduced School Lunch program.
- Sites are hosted near motels, low-income apartments, and refugee housing complexes where the large populations of children are considered vulnerable.
- Host a Site: If you are in east Denver or Original Aurora and are interested in partnering with CCN to feed hundreds of children, contact Mary Pritchard, Outreach Coordinator of CCN, at Mary@ColfaxCommunityNetwork.org for more information.
- Play at a Site: In these neighborhoods, there are lots of children who are not identified as homeless, but also don’t have the kind of homes that raise a child with affection and sensible guidance. You can make a difference by coming out to play and eat with them for a few hours.
- Hunger Free Colorado
- Share Our Strength
- Food Bank of the Rockies
- Lunchbox Express
- Montclair Community United Methodist Church
- St. Pious X Catholic Parish
- Mosaic Church of Aurora
- Martin Luther King Jr. Library
- Villa Verde Apartments
- Shadow Tree Apartments