- Every school day, 25-30 elementary students are picked up from school, brought to CCN, fed a snack, cared for by staff and best friends, and given focused time to grow academically.
- Kids are encouraged to lead their peers and start transforming their friendships, their families, and their schools. Older students are given unique opportunities to develop leadership qualities.
- Staff give CCN’s kids as many new experiences possible to explore their hearts and their world to inspire lifelong dreams.
- CCN’s kids are as diverse as the community they live in. But first and foremost, they are good kids. Smart, witty, caring. They’re as beautiful as your kids.
- Our students currently live in motels, shelters, or shared housing with other families or are transitioning out of these situations into stable housing.
- Inside their homes and on the street, many have witnessed it all: domestic violence, infestations, drug abuse, depression, neglect, assaults, gun violence, theft, eviction, destitution, homelessness, and gang activity.
- Tutoring: Over 90% of our students are behind in reading and/or math – most by at least 1 year. One-on-one tutoring is vital to their confidence and growth. You don’t need to be a math wiz to be a big help!
- Food Preparation and Service: For those of you who don’t like the thought of these kids brains surviving on Cheetos, please consider preparing afternoon snacks for CCN’s kids so they can be refreshed for the fullness of the program and the challenges of going home.
- Other Opportunities: We welcome your creativity! We can’t make every idea a reality, but will make every effort to take advantage of your passions and expertise.